In an ideal world, everyone would boast a perfect, lifelong set of healthy teeth. Unfortunately, disease, accidents, and other factors can make this an impossibility.
Often, a crown is the perfect solution.
A crown covers a tooth, restoring its shape and size, as well as strengthening and improving the appearance of a tooth. While the benefits of a crown are numerous, the downside is that they can necessitate multiple dental visits and considerable expense.
Thanks to an amazing technique employed by Grove Avenue Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, near-perfect tooth restoration is not only possible — it can be done in just one visit! It’s called “CEREC.”
“CEREC” stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.
Chairside means our dentists can provide your treatment in just one visit. While you sit comfortably, an image of your tooth is scanned into a computer, specially designed for this purpose. Using advanced digital technology, your crown is designed to your tooth’s precise specifications.
Economical means just that! CEREC crowns are your most affordable way to an amazing smile.
Restoration means making your tooth the way it was before. We’re not talking about “false” or “faux” here — crowning your tooth brings it back to nearly its original state.
Esthetic means…simply beautiful!
Ceramics refers to the material used in the CEREC system. Not only are ceramics more attractive than other materials (such as metal); they are also extremely strong, making them the material of choice for attractive, long-lasting results.
HOW DOES THE PROCEDURE WORK?
As indicated, you simply sit as comfortably as possible. Using advanced CAD-CAM technology, an image of your existing tooth is scanned into a computer created especially for this purpose.
- Using the data contained in this image, your crown is designed on the screen.
- While you relax, diamond coated instruments are used to mill a ceramic block, perfectly reproducing the computer-generated design.
- The crown is polished and placed over your existing tooth. Since the design is reproduced exactly to specifications, a perfect fit is insured.
- A unique light is used to harden the bonding material, uniting your crown with your tooth.
- Finally, your new and greatly improved tooth is expertly polished, resulting in a smooth and natural look and feel.
That’s it! No messy impressions, no temporary crowns, no multiple appointments. In fact, the whole procedure will probably take no more than a couple of hours.
Thanks to our mastery of the CEREC approach, many Grove Avenue Family & Cosmetic Dentistry patients have saved a significant amount of time and money while gaining a long-lasting, beautiful smile. Find out if you can achieve the same results. Contact our office today at 804-285-1378.